LuxSci Platform provides
LuxSci's software solution: our software, your servers. The LuxSci
Platform is a version of the LuxSci Email and Web System
designed for you, the Customer, to be able to deploy and manage email and
web systems in your own datacenter(s). Each deployment of the LuxSci
Platform is custom tailored to meet your needs and offers options for
The platform includes
- FREE consulting to determine the hardware requirements, the number of servers, type of servers, and the operating system necessary for running the LuxSci Platform software.
- Initial installation and configuration of the Platform software on your servers.
- Special training and support.
- Number of users and storage limited only by your hardware.
- Updates to the LuxSci software on your servers.
- Hardware: You provide and maintain the hardware for your data center, network, bandwidth, all aspects of provisioning and you maintain your server(s) and network uptime.
- System Monitoring: LuxSci Platform allows you to monitor the servers and receive server alerts.
- Primary Support: You provide support, Tier-1 through Tier-3, to all of your end users with the option to escalate the issue to LuxSci using a token system.
- Access: You have Root Access to the servers and databases and special support access to the LuxSci Web Interface.
Additional options to help reduce your administrative stress
- Paid Support with up to 5 named administrative users with access to a special account in LuxSci's main webmail portal. These administrators can submit, purchase and authorize requests for different types of LuxSci support. Includes Tier-1 through Tier-3 support.
- Server Monitoring Support
- Additional web-based training seminars
Other services available through LuxSci
There are some services that LuxSci provides that are configured via 3rd party partners of LuxSci. These include:
- Premium Email Filtering
- SSL Certificates
- DNS and Domain Registration Services
- License fees for special software that you wish to run in your POD that is not directly provided by LuxSci.
Definitions of terms
- Root Access
- Administrative access which provides complete rights and access to a server and all of the software and files on it in all modes of operations.
- Tier-1 Support
- Direct support of end users including their emailed, phone, support ticket, and other requests. It includes responses to these requests when the answers are standard (i.e. they can be found in standard documentation or knowledge bases),or the actions needed are simple and based on standard tasks or recipes.
- Tier-2 Support
- Assistance to Tier-1 support personnel with issues outside of their purview. In particular, issues which are more complicated, require synthesis of knowledge of different parts of the system, require elevated access/permissions, require research, or require the development of new methods or recipes to solve the problem.
- Tier-3 Support
- Assists Tier-1 and Tier-2 support personnel with issues that require extensive access or permission. In particular, issues which involve Root Access, issues with diagnosing LuxSci software bugs, issues with server configuration or problems, etc.
- Support Ticket
- A specific request made for action or information made via LuxSci's web-based support ticket management tool.
- Support Token
- A pre-purchased unit of currency used for paying for support requests.
Contact us for more information