Perhaps you were wondering...?
- How many subscribers, lists, or campaigns can I have?
- As many as you like! LuxSci does not care how many subscribers or how your segment your lists, as long as
your subscribers are legitimate. We care only about the number recipients
that you send to each month.
- What is a "Recipient"?
- A recipient is one of possibly many email addresses to which a messages is addressed. LuxSci cares about the number of
"recipients" that you send to each month. E.g. A message to 1 person is "1 recipient,"
two messages to 10 people each is "20 recipients," five email blasts to a list of 100,000 addresses would be "500,000 recipients".
- How many messages can I send at once?
- You can send single messages to blasts that go to thousands or millions or recipients.
The limit is determined by your plan, where you select the maximum number of
- How many recipients can I send to at once?
- Each message can be addressed to up to 1000 recipients; You can send multiple messages to single or multiple recipients
to distribute your email to your entire mailing lists. Your overall recipient limit is determined
by your plan, where you select the maximum number of
- How many concurrent connections can I make at once?
- LuxSci allows bursting to 25 or more connections at once, depending on your service level.
For sustained, concurrent connections (e.g. sending 1000s of messages in parallel over a few sustained connections),
you should keep your usage down to 3-4 concurrent connections; more are available on higher-end dedicated servers.
Using more connections does not result in faster sending.
See Sending Rate and Pricing
for more details.
- Do LuxSci' servers get black listed?
- Often ISPs
get black listed due to the bad habits of their users. LuxSci,
however, (1) manually checks every new customer to keep spammers out, (2)
has very strict acceptable use
policies, (3) requires that all senders use valid, approved "From"
addresses, and (4) constantly monitor feedback loops and blacklists to
detect any improper use before it becomes a problem. Any email provider
can and does get blocked here and there; there is no way to prevent it and
allow customers the flexibility to send their custom messages to their
custom mailing lists. It comes down to best practices, good monitoring,
and the ability to take quick action in the event that some server is
experiencing some issue.
LuxSci, like everyone else no matter what they say,
will have a server blocked once in a while by some list or lists. This is
not a frequent event and LuxSci's staff are on top of it and know what to
do to resolve the issue ASAP -- e.g. through de-listing requests,
identifying and removing customers that have violated our acceptable use
policies, or training customers that have made simple mistakes.
- Does LuxSci provide email sending or campaign management software?
- While many customers use their own software and systems, many others
use LuxSci's Spotlight Mailer web-based email
marketing, and campaign management solution.
- Does LuxSci provide "pre-warmed" IP Addresses?
- Customers purchasing shared High Volume servers get to share their
sending servers with other customers who have been using these servers
for some time. Shared servers are in constant use and are definitely
Customers purchasing dedicated servers may or may not use IP
addresses that have been used by other customers recently. So, they may
or may not be "pre-warmed". Even if they have been used and "warm";
however, they would not have been used for your customers and your content
and so your mailings can still look "new" to recipient's servers. We
up your new server yourself for best delivery results.
- Do you guarantee INBOX Delivery?
- No one can really guarantee delivery of email to everyone's INBOXes.
Email is a complex beast. There are cases where messages can disappear
and never be delivered due to a wide range of circumstances outside or
your or your email sender's control (e.g. see "Where's the Email?
Diagnosing and Resolving Issues with Missing Email"). Additionally, there are many factors
that contribute to excellent deliverability that are completely under your control as the sender —
e.g. the your mailing list quality, the exact content of your messages, etc. See
Key Ingredients for Good Deliverability.
While neither LuxSci nor anyone else can ensure that every messages makes it to every INBOX, we
can assist you with excellent IP reputation and black list response, and with support on how you
can construct your messages and maintain your lists and campaigns for the best result.
- Can I track my email deliveries and bounces?
- LuxSci provides reports on messages sent, message delivery status, failed deliveries, as well as on Feed Back Loop complaints of
SPAM-like messages. You can use these to check on which messages have been delivered and to maintain healthy mailing lists.
If you use Spotlight Mailer, your mailing lists can be automatically maintained for you as bounces occur and as recipients subscribe or unsubscribe.
- Do I have to change my email service to LuxSci?
- While LuxSci does offer full-featured email hosting services for those interested,
you do not need to change your email hosting to LuxSci to take advantage of our email sending services. All you need
to do is configure your email sending software or server to use your LuxSci user name, password, and SMTP server. Or, use
LuxSci's web-based Spotlight Mailer email marketing software instead.
- Can I upgrade from shared to dedicated?
- Yes, you can upgrade to dedicated once your sending throughput warrants it.
- What is your refund policy?
- We have a 30-day refund policy for non-dedicated customers. Refunds are available if you are unhappy with the
service, as long as you have not violated our Acceptable Use Policies.
Got it all figured out?
Monthly accounts start at $10; pay-as-you-go at $50.
Shared accounts are ready within 1 hour;* dedicated in 1-3 business days.
Free trials do not upgrade into paid accounts.
*for orders placed between 9am and 10pm Eastern Time, USA. Provisioning can be delayed due to issues validating orders.
The big picture is that you guys are absolutely doing it right in my view.
Your platform is flexible and easy to use.
Your team is quick to respond to tickets and your technology is solid.
I couldn't be more pleased with how things turned out using your outbound servers.
(read case study
Starting at $10/mo
Free Setup on Px2/Px4/Px8 Dedicated Servers