Application Programming Interface (API)
What is LuxSci's API?
LuxSci's application programming interface allows you, the account
administrator, to write programs or scripts, residing anywhere on the
Internet, which can perform account administration tasks such as updating,
creating, and querying users.
There are two levels of the API: "Account" for performing
administrative tasks, and "User" for accessing user-level data. API
access is available upon request for no additional charge —
simply ask our support staff to enable your account for
access if you are interested.
REST: LuxSci's API is REST-based and uses JSON
for data transport.
What can I do with the Account-Level API?
You can employ the Account API to perform the following functions:
- Create new users
- Update users' contact information
- Enable, disable, and delete users
- Change users' passwords
- Change users' email forwarding settings
- Create, Delete, and List user email autoresponders
- Change users' individual disk space limits
- Copy WebMail preferences from one user to another
- Add and remove services such as POP, IMAP, SMTP, and Spam/Virus
Filtering from users
- Set and remove various "flags" from users which determine things
such as if the user should be automatically deleted or disabled if s/he
doesn't login for "a long time"
- Download user details including password, contact information, last
login date and time, services accessible, and much more.
- Create new domains in your account
- Delete domains from your account
- Update domain properties and catch-all email aliases.
- Get a report summarizing the status of all of the domains in your
- Create email aliases in your domains
- Delete email aliases from your domains
- Get a report summarizing the status of all email aliases, user email
forwarding rules, and catchall aliases in your domains.
Uses for LuxSci's Account API
You can employ the API to:
- Perform bulk domain, user, and/or email alias creation
- Perform bulk or automatic updates to users.
- Synchronize passwords between LuxSci and your own web site or
- Create your own web page on your web site that will handle the
signup of new users and which will use the API to automatically create
these new users in your LuxSci account.
- Create scripts that will automatically allow users to login to
LuxSci if they have already been logged into your site [i.e. single sign
- Retrieve reports on users, domains, and aliases for arbitrary
analysis on your side.
If you have any questions about LuxSci's Account API please contact our
What can I do with the User-Level API?
The User-Level API enables full access to WebAides (Calendars, Tasks, Address Books, Notes, and Links).
You can employ the User API to perform the following functions:
- Get and update user contact information
- Change user passwords
- Retrieve selected user preferences (e.g. preferred time zone)
- Manage WebAides (Address Books, Calendars, Tasks, Notes)
- Create and Delete WebAides
- Retrieve information about entries individually, and in bulk
- Update entries individually and in bulk
- Add entries individually and in bulk
- Delete entries individually and in bulk
- Download, add, and update SecureLine information for address book recipients -- Escrow questions and answers,
PGP certificates, and S/MIME certificates.
- Retrieve user-specific Private Labeled Theme information such as:
- WebMail company name and URL
- Names of the POP, IMAP, SMTP, and FTP servers the user should use
- Names and email addresses of the administrative and technical support contacts for WebMail
Access to user-level commands can be enabled to work with or without knowing the passwords
for the users in your account -- depending on the needs and trust-level of your API client application.
If you have any questions about LuxSci's User API please contact our