Widgets have become ubiquitous website add-ons. They make organization
and personalization of account and online pages easy. LuxSci has
widgetized its Workspaces and account administration to reflect this
trend. Workspaces and account administration pages can be organized to
What types of Widgets are Available?
LuxSci offers a myriad of Widgets, and the list will continue to grow.
Some offer you easy access to WebAides, Email, and Account Administration
tools. LuxSci also permits use of Widgets from anywhere else on the
Internet. This includes Youtube videos, weather widgets, news widgets, and
more! Simply paste the HTML code into the "Custom Widget" properties and
you will have the power of any tool available on the web. LuxSci Widgets
General Purpose Widgets:
- Custom Widget — Paste in code of a widget found
elsewhere on the Internet and access it while logged into your LuxSci
of Custom widgets is backed up nightly and can be restored if needed.
- Notepad — Add a small notepad editor to your page. Any text
entered is auto-saved and re-displayed whenever you return to the page.
You can create multiple Notepad widgets. This widget auto-checks for
changes every minute and updates the display; it will automatically merge
any changes you make with changes made by others to the same widget in
another window or shared Workspace. Notepad widgets are very good for
collaborative note taking. The content of Notepad widgets is backed up nightly
and can be restored if needed.
- News Feeds — A time-sorted, combined view of any arbitrary set of
RSS feeds, Twitter feeds, and WebAide Blog updates. See all that is happening
at once, in one place.
- RSS Feed — View any single RSS feed from within your Workspace
- Compose Email — Compose new plain text email messages. Supports sending attachments,
using your WebMail Signatures,
and end-to-end email encryption via SecureLine.
- My Email QuickCheck — Allows you to easily check for new messages in multiple email folders.
Displayed content auto-updates every 2 minutes.
- Email Folder — View the messages in a particular folder and perform basic message
viewing and management operations (e.g. delete, flag, reply, forward, etc.).
Displayed content auto-updates every 2 minutes.
- Email Recipient TLS Checker — Enter a recipient email address or domain and find
out if their email service supports TLS for secure delivery to them.
WebAide Access Widgets
- Address Book — Display a searchable, auto-updating view of the contents of one or more WebAide Address Books.
- Calendar — Display today's events from selected WebAide Calendars. You can define multiple calendar widgets for different views of your accessible Calendar WebAides. This widget auto-checks for changes every minute and updates the display.
- Tasks/To Do Lists & To Do List — Display today's
tasks and overdue tasks from selected Task WebAides. You can define
multiple Task widgets for different views of your accessible Tasks
WebAides. This widget auto-checks for changes every minute and updates the
- Reminders — View and manage your visual/pop-up Calendar and Task Reminders
in a simple auto-updating Widget.
- Documents — Display selected entries in a Documents WebAide to which you have read access. You can define multiple Documents widgets to display the content of multiple WebAides. This widget auto-checks for changes every minute and updates the display.
- Blog — Display recent entries in a WebAide Blog to which you have read access. You can define multiple Blog widgets to display the content of multiple blogs. This widget auto-checks for changes every minute and updates the display.
- Links — Display a clickable list of all links in selected Links WebAides, this creates a list of bookmarks/favorites. You can define multiple Links widgets to display the content of multiple sets of Links. This widget auto-checks for changes every minute and updates the display.
- Visual/Pop-up Reminders — Display all of your visual calendar and task reminders
that you have not yet dismissed.
Personal Account Widgets:
- My Profile — View important information about your account quickly
- Support Tickets — View your open support tickets and quickly view updates
- Disk Usage — See disk space usage and, if you are an account administrator, overall account disk usage
- The LuxSci FYI Blog — Quickly view new articles posted by LuxSci about new account features, information on account security, and other newsworthy posts
Account Administration Widgets:
- Account Status and Notices — View your accounts status and important LuxSci notices
- New User Wizard — Quickly create new users
- Account Administration — Access Account Administration tools easily from workspaces or using hot keys, and make changes in a flash
- Maintenance Notices — See notices regarding LuxSci server maintenance
- HIPAA Badge – HIPAA accounts can get image badges for their email and/or web sites
that proclaim their HIPAA compliance
Widget Hot keys
Hot keys allow you to easily access any widget while browsing any page
on LuxSci. You can access your custom widgets with ease. Need to see a
Notepad widget while looking at your Inbox? No problem! Just press the
hot key you preset from your Workspace. Hot keys make it easy to use all the
tools you need without having to jump back and forth to your Workspace
Widgets can be organized in several ways. LuxSci Widgets can be dragged
and dropped around your Workspace and even minimized to save space. You
also have the convenience of having each Widget being locked into a
column. Widgets won't end up being a cluttered mess, but instead are
organized and easy to find. Widgets offer:
- Drag and Drop.
- Organization for PDAs and desktop
computers, using columns, that make it easy to read even on the smallest
screen (cell phones and other mobile devices)
- Minimize a widget you
don't need, but don't want to delete.
- Share a widget with other
users using a Workspace
Every LuxSci account comes with the added benefit of having widget
functionality included. It transparently integrates itself into many
LuxSci pages and allows you to get what you need when you need it.