Shared Email Hosting: Business vs. Enterprise
LuxSci offers "Business Class" and "Enterprise Class" options
so that shared email hosting customers can balance their price, reliability, and
- Enterprise Class Hosting
- Provides a better SLA and higher reliability.
- Business Class Hosting
- Provides lower cost disk space
Price starts at
Disk Space included with account
Disk Space upgrade increments
|10 GB blocks
||10 GB blocks
Disk Space upgrade cost
Ultra-reliable: proof against hardware failure
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
HIPAA Compliant Accounts
Consider dedicated if you require:
- The additional security and privacy of a dedicated solution over a shared one
- Total disk space amounts of 200 GB or more
- Large numbers of users (500+)
- Custom backup schedules
- Unlimited SecureForm processing
- Web site hosting
See Dedicated servers
When comparing disk space limits purchased at LuxSci vs. other providers,
please keep in mind:
Many providers give you a specific amount of space "per user".
- Most users will use far less than their disk space limit; only
a few power users will, in general, approach the limit
- If a user reaches his/her limit, that limit is hard and that user's
services will be interrupted!
- There is generally no way to increase individual user limits!
So, if the limit is 10 GB/user and you need 12 GB, you are completely out of luck.
- These limits are not sharable among the account,
i.e. 10 users with 10 GB/user does not give you 100 GB to distribute
freely across all users.
At LuxSci, we do not impose per-user disk space limits. (Though as an
admin, you can)
- Disk space is account wide and shared by all users and services
- Each individual user can use as much disk space as needed and will not be cut off.
- If the account-wide usage exceeds the purchased limit, you are merely charged
for the extra space -- no services are interrupted.
- You can easily add more space to your account as needed.
- Unlike with other email providers, you buy the disk space you actually need and
are not given some artificial per-user limit limit