New “Mobile Mode” for PDAs and Smart Phones
Enter LuxSci’s new “Mobile Mode”. Mobile Mode is a new feature of LuxSci’s regular WebMail interface that is available when it detects that you are accessing it using a mobile device, such as an iPhone.
With this initial release, Mobile Mode has been enabled for the following members’ pages:
- WebMail Login
- The Welcome Page
- All user configuration and administration pages
Additional pages will be updated and these pages refined to support Mobile Mode even better in future releases. LuxSci intends to expand its Mobile Mode and Widgets concepts in the coming months to make use of LuxSci on mobile devices fast, natural, and customizable.
The Welcome Page, which can be completely customized using LuxSci Widgets to display task lists, calendars, custom widgets, note pads, etc., will be displayed in a single column in Mobile Mode.
With Mobile Mode on and our favorite Widgets included on the Welcome Page, we can access our Calendars, Tasks, To Do lists, and Notes very quickly and easily via mobile phones — no synchronization needed.
LuxSci’s new To Do List /Task List Widget is ideal for access “on the go” — as one can quickly and simply view, add, delete, mark complete, and change the priority of items. It’s as easy to use as a native iPhone application. The “Notepad” note taker is also extremely useful for viewing/editing notes on the road and on your computer — without synchronization.
- Capture Ink Signatures in your Web Forms: Handwritten Signatures from Desktop and Mobile Devices
- Lux Scientiae, Incorporated Announces New Web-based Calendar
- DuoSecurity: Advanced Two-Factor Login for LuxSci’s Web Interface
- HIPAA Compliant Calendars, Contacts and Reminders – Tasks for your iPhone and Android
- Exchange ActiveSync (MobileSync) vs Good Old IMAP + SMTP