LuxSci has just added a new feature to its WebMail application. On the “Check your email” page where you view the contents of any of your email folders, there is a new option under the “More Options” submenu — “Enable Auto-Refresh”. If you choose this option, your email folder window will automatically recheck the current folder for new email every five minutes, saving you from needing to manually check it!
LuxSci has just replaced its simple “feedback” form with a robust issue tracking system. See the “Support Tickets” option under the “Support” menu. You can use this tool to request answers to questions or problems, to suggest features, to report bugs, or simply to submit feedback. Your ticket and all responses to it will be tracked by our system to help provide you with the best and most efficient support for your issues. The tickets also serve as a permanent record of all correspondence and solutions for both your and our reference.
Our WebMail application now supports saving email messages in a Drafts folder so that you can resume composition and sending later. Press the “Save to Drafts” button in the email composition window. Then, go to your Drafts folder, select a message and press the “Continue Draft Message” option to reload and continue your composition.
For those clients hosting multiple domains with us. You can now assign domain management permissions to you individual users on a per-domain basis. Use the user configuration tools to assign to each user those domains that s/he is allowed to manage. Domain management permission allows your users to view Domain Information and configure Email Aliases for specific domains.
Also, you have the ability to assign web site management permission to your users on a per-web site bases. Web site management permission enables you to use the Web Site Manager tool and view Web Site Statistics.
The member’s login page includes several new features, including:
- It remembers your username so that you can login faster
- It remembers your preferred language and displays itself to you in that language.
- It allows you to select any of the currently supported languages for display of login text and error messages.
Lux Scientiae, Incorporated: Lux Scientiae, Incorporated is formed as a Massachusetts Corporation. The former entity, “InfiniteDimensions”, had been in business since December, 1999. This marks only a change in the company name, legal status, and branding. All of the staff, software, and intellectual property remain the same.
- Reading Email: Read email containing text in any language or multiple languages. The text will always be displayed correctly.
- Write Email: Write email containing text (in the subject and body) from any language or even from multiple languages. Respond to email containing text in any language. You can choose the character set the email is encoded in or use Unicode.
- Translate Your Email: Automatically translate email (and help) containing text in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish text into any of the other of these languages automatically using built-in machine translation technologies.
- International Email Fully Supported by our autoresponders, bulk email tool, SPAM filtering, Remote POP email downloader, and all other email-related tools. Complete compliance with the designated character sets and automatic upgrading to UTF-8 when necessary to correctly preserve the content of all languages present.
- Time zone: Select your preferred time zone in which all dates and times will be displayed.
- Language: Select your preferred language to have the contents of the member’s web site displayed in. We are currently working to translate the web site from English to several different languages including: Chinese, Russian, and French. You could join our translation team! Contact us if you are interested in helping us translate the web site into any language. Online translation management tools and translation history tracking tools are provided.
- Date and Time: Choose your preferred formatting for dates and times.
This new feature goes hand-in-hand with the basic SPAM Filter, but can easily be used on it’s own. If you turn on the new email preference entitled “Save a copy of the newest 100 messages in your BACKUP folder?”, then a new email folder will be created called “BACKUP”. Copies of your 100 newest messages will be saved in this folder and updated every time a new message arrives.
This is particularly useful as it protects your against accidentally deleting messages, either manually, or via the SPAM Filter. It also allows you to keep copies of the 100 newest messages on the server even if you are downloading all your email with a POP email client.
This feature can be enabled in your WebMail Preferences or in the SPAM Filter Configuration Tool.
You can turn basic SPAM filtering on and off in your WebMail Preferences or in the SPAM Filter Configuration Tool located in the menu.
The SPAM Filter detects email that is 99% likely to be spam, email that is likely to be SPAM, and email that may contain one of several prevalent viruses. You can use the SPAM Filter Configuration Tool to have these messages sorted to different email folders, deleted, returned to the sender for confirmation that they are not SPAM, or forwarded with complaints to the sender and their ISP.
You can further configure your SPAM Filter by supplying a “White List” of people’s email addresses and/or domains that will never be considered SPAM. This is especially useful if certain people that you correspond with occasionally get their email classified as SPAM for some reason.
If you download your email via POP, the SPAM Filter will add special headers to your email messages so that you can configure your POP email client to sort the email messages when they are downloaded to your computer. See the online help for details.
This SPAM filter is not a virus scanner, although it may catch some common viruses. We strongly suggest that you employ a commercial virus scanner on your computer and fully scan all incoming email. See McAfee.com for one such product.
We suggest you enable your SPAM Filter and use the default settings for a while and read the SPAM Filter Help to learn more about the many ways of configuring your filter.
We have completed our move to brand new dedicated servers at Rackspace.com. This new data center provides a faster and more redundant network, “fanatical” 24/7 technical support, and superb service level agreements. Our hardware is guaranteed to be replaced within 2 hours upon failure. Our servers are being monitored 24/7 so that they may be corrected very quickly upon malfunction.
We have also completely separated our email services from our web and database services. We are now completely scalable to any number of clients and support clients who may need their own dedicated servers. We hope these improvements greatly enhance the speed, reliability, and robustness of our service offerings.