LuxSci’s “Remote POP Email Fetching” tool, which allows you to have your email automatically downloaded to your LuxSci account from other POP accounts, has been modified to retrieve your email more frequently. From now on, email will be automatically retrieved on an hourly basis instead of every four hours, as had been the case in the past.
LuxSci has new automated account management features. Use a simple API built upon secure HTTP posts to create and manage users in your account remotely from programs or web sites. This facility allows you to tightly integrate your private labeled WebMail with your own web site(s) and user base. These automation tools enable you to programmatically perform actions such as creating and updating users, changing passwords, changing disk space limits, enabling, disabling and deleting users, and retrieving user data reports.
LuxSci has just implemented a more secure and more granular model for managing users’ access to your web server. Now, administrators can, at any time, select each individual user’s access to the web server from the following possibilities:
- No account: The user has no account on the web server at all
- No access: The user may have an account, but has no way of logging into or accessing it
- FTP access
- FTP and SCP (Secure Copy) access
- FTP, SCP, and SSH (Secure Shell) access with the tcsh shell
- FTP, SCP, and SSH (Secure Shell) access with the bash shell
Note that SCP access is now available independently of SSH access, and SSH access is granted only in special cases.
You now have the choice of logging into WebMail either securely over SSL (which you have until now been forced to do), or insecurely without SSL. This applies to both the Standard portal and to the Xpress portal. If you are on a very slow connection or find that SSL security makes WebMail access too slow for you, you can opt to not use security and thus achieve faster access. Note that if you choose to not use a secure connection, your username, password and all data will be sent in plain text over the Internet and could be intercepted by a third party. If you choose to use insecure access, you should change your password often.
LuxSci has just implemented many enhancements to its Email Aliases and Email Forwarding tools:
- Email aliases can now be explicitly configured to delete all incoming email.
- Email aliases can now bounce all incoming email with a custom bounce error message
- The Email Alias tool now has more advanced search and selection facilities.
- The Email Alias tool now supports a “view only” mode where it is easier to view the current settings for all of your aliases.
- Personal email forwarding, configurable though your WebMail Preferences, also supports the new “Bounce” and “Delete” delivery actions.
Several new Email Guard features have been added:
- We have updated the Spam Report and Quarantine User Index pages to include updated options:
- There are new options for when end-users receive their Spam Quarantine Reports: Never, Every Day, Every Weekday, Every Monday, Monday & Friday, Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
- We added a Spam Exempt Users list, accessible under the “Anti-Spam” section of the “Policies” tab. This feature allows end-users to opt-out of spam filtering (via their Spam Quarantine Reports) if the Administrator enables this option.
- We have added the ability to send Spam Quarantine Reports only to selected end-users in a given domain, instead of all or none.
- We have updated sorting for the following pages to support ascending and descending sorting including an up/down arrow: Domain, Customer, Reseller, Host, and User.
- We have updated all Quarantine pages by adding new up/down arrows for sorting to the header bar, and we have made the header bar style match the style used in similar pages, such as the Manage Customers page.
- We have added a new attachment policy for high-risk zip attachments (e.g. mod-arbomb). The actions associated with the policy include allow, quarantine, and deny.
- We have added an “accept” action for content filters. When a message triggers a content policy violation, and the policy action is set to “accept”, spam filtering will be skipped for that particular message.
- We have added an explicit “Do Nothing” action selection for “attachment type” policies. Now “Do Nothing” can be selected like any other action.
- We have added a file upload option for your “exempt users” list. You are now able to upload lists of exempt users directly from the Exempt Users page.
LuxSci has added a set of new servers whose sole purpose is to receive incoming Internet email for our clients and to perform all basic anti-Spam and custom email filtering before forwarding the messages on for delivery into the client accounts on separate servers. This has several benefits: 1. Your email server will not need to spend as much effort on email and Spam filtering so that your IMAP, POP, Outgoing SMTP, and WebMail experience is faster, more responsive, and more robust. 2. Future email worms like “SoBig” which flood the Internet with email will have much less effect on your quality of service as the barrage of incoming email should be intercepted by the proxy servers, leaving your IMAP, POP, Outgoing SMTP, and WebMail services responsive and reliable. 3. Incoming email proxying can be load balanced across multiple servers.
LuxSci’s WebMail client has been updated for improved handling of email messages that are purely HTML, i.e. where the message body itself is HTML, as opposed to the message merely having HTML attachments. These types of pure HTML messages are now automatically detected and links are provided so that you can view the complete message HTML in a separate window. For security and usability reasons, we do not render HTML from email messages inline in the message display screen itself.
Professional Email Services Company Takes Over EMUmail’s Outsourcing Business
Boston, Massachusetts – August 30, 2003 – Lux Scientiae, Incorporated announced that it has acquired the email outsourcing services formerly provided by EMUmail. This acquisition provides Lux Scientiae with EMUmail’s entire outsourcing client base as well as certain advertising arrangements. Read the rest of this post.
LuxSci has acquired the email outsourcing services formerly provided by EMUMail. This acquisition provides Lux Scientiae with EMUMail’s entire outsourcing client base as well as certain advertising arrangements. Read the complete press release.