What healthcare organizations need to know about HIPAA-compliant web sites
Book 2 in the LuxSci Internet Security Series.
Created by Erik Kangas, PhD
This LuxSci eBook is your well-researched guide to both a critical understanding of the specific issues and concepts of HIPAA as it applies to web sites, so that you stay compliant with these government standards. This document will provide a framework for your health care organization to keep the privacy of patient information front and center while still having an engaging web presence. Providers will have the necessary tools to meet all requirements established by HIPAA for access to, storage of, and transmission of protected health information (PHI) through web sites.
This eBook includes sections on:
- What are HIPAA-compliant web sites?
- HIPAA-compliance for WordPress
- What is HIPAA-compliant web site hosting?
- Components of a solid web site hosting infrastructure
- Finding a HIPAA-compliant provider
- What are HIPAA-compliant web forms?
- Informing developers of HIPAA requirements