Smarthosting connects your
existing email server to one of LuxSci's email servers. All
outbound email, sent by your users, is relayed though LuxSci before it
reaches the Internet.
Individual users who employ WebMail or an email program
like Outlook or Thunderbird (which is configured to connect directly to
LuxSci) are not smarthosting. Rather, they are using WebMail or direct SMTP for outbound email.
You need smarthosting if:
- Your ISP will not allow your mail server to send outbound email, or limits
the quantity of email that can be sent.
- Your Exchange Server cannot send email directly for your organization.
- Your IP address(es) have a poor reputation, resulting in your outbound email being considered spam-like by recipients (even with public cloud servers).
- You need to hide the IP address of your mail server using IP address masking.
- You must ensure all outbound email is Archived,
or secured for HIPAA compliance.
- ...the reasons go on and on.
The Simple Solution: Smarthost via High Volume Email
If your needs are simple -- you still need a good mail relay that
won't restrict your sending capacity. You might also need IP address
masking. We suggest LuxSci's High Volume email sending
- Price based on the number of recipients your users send to per month
- Get a username and password
- Configure your server to relay your email though LuxSci; using
that username and password for authentication (with TLS support).
- Specify the addresses/domains that your users send from.
- ... that's it!
Give it a Try for Free
Power Sending: Advanced Smarthost
If your smarthost needs are complex (e.g. involving encryption,
compliance, email scanning, etc.), you would:
- Purchase a Premium High
Volume email account with the appropriate services and number of users needed (one per sender being smarthosted).
- Setup these users on LuxSci and configure them as needed.
- Specify one of them as a "smarthosting" user.
- Configure your email server to relay outbound email through LuxSci using this special "smarthosting"
user's username and password.
- The mail will be relayed as if the LuxSci user in your account whose username matches the "from" address
of the sent message was the sender.
Advanced smarthosting enables outbound processing and tracking of
messages with rules and settings. These are specific to each individual
Try Advanced Smart