All new Web-based Calendar User Interface
LuxSci has re-written its web-based calendar interface from the ground up to provide users with a fast, modern, featureful experience. The WebAide Calendars user interface now matches that of WebMail and Address Books in AJAX-based speed, data caching, and usability. The major changes that come along with these user interface enhancements include:
- Calendar event data is remembered in your browser so that it is fast to revisit your calendars.
- Searching and sorting of calendar events happens in the web browser and is thus instantaneous.
- There is now both a calendar view of events (i.e. the current day, work week, week, or month) and a list view (all selected events) that are visible at the same time.
- Events can be selected from both the calendar and list views at the same time.
- Events can be dragged and dropped to copy or move them to other calendars.
- New commands allow users to copy or move selected entries to a new or existing calendar.
- Licensed users can create new calendars directly from the main interface.
- Users can subscribe to and unsubscribe from calendars right from the main interface.
- Simple events can be added very quickly using the new "Quick New" feature.
- Users can view the events in any arbitrary set of calendars at the same time merely by selecting multiple calendars from the tree of available calendars.
- The calendar event list view is fully customizable by the user. The user can specify the display order and relative size of columns.
- Tool tips pop-up when you hover over an event in the calendar or list view, so that you can see the most important details about the event without needing to open it.
- Entries in the list and calendar views are color-coded based on the tag(s) applied to them.
- It is now very easy to search by the user assignment and the free/busy status of events.
- Adding comments to calendar entries is very simple.
- Attachments of any size (up to 50MB) can now be added to any calendar entry by any WebAide-licensed user who has permission to edit the entry.
- Calendars now support events that are longer than one day. I.e. 7-day or 30-day-long events
- Calendars now have improved support for "all day events" and you can have 24-hour-long events that are not "all day events", if you so choose.
- Calendars can now have multi-day all-day events.
- Users can choose their "week start" day to be any day of the week — not just Sunday or Monday.
- Users can quickly edit an entry by double clicking on it. Double clicking on an area of the calendar without an entry will make a new entry at the selected date and time.
- Calendars are now (in the full portal) displayed using the timezone of the viewer’s local computer, whereas events are made based on the timezone in the user’s preferences.
- The calendars interface has added "hot keys" to make it faster to execute certain commands.
- The user interface, like the rest of WebMail, works in FireFox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, and Google Chrome.
- Calendars, as always, can also be imported/exported via CSV and iCal files and can be synchronized with Outlook using LuxSci’s WebAideSynch plugin (WebAide license required).
Additionally, the calendars interface in the Xpress portal has been revised to work very well on mobile devices such as iPhones.
- The interface is simplified and very intuitive.
- Advanced searches, assignment of entries, and tagging are no longer supported in the Xpress interface.
- The Xpress interface does support attachments.
- The Xpress interface will color-code entries based on existing tags.
All of these new features are available to all existing and new customers of LuxSci.