Capture all of your Web Form Data. Suppress unwanted fields.
Web site forms contain a vast plethora of fields to collect important data, such as contact information and order details. Often, forms also contain hidden fields that track session state, user authentication, history, and other forms of information that may not be relevant when the form is ultimately submitted.
Most web form processing solutions will grab all posted form fields, including all of these hidden back-end fields, and include all data in the reports or emails to you. There is nothing wrong with this, per se; however:
- These fields can pollute your results and make them harder to visually process.
- These fields can contain large amounts of “garbage” data that noone needs to see.
- These fields could contain private or sensitive information that should be dropped or discarded.
To remedy these issues in a very simple and universally applicable manner, LuxSci SecureForm now allows you to supply a list of form fields that will be suppressed / skipped. Essentially, these form fields will be deleted from the posted data before any processing occurs, resulting in:
- Simplified data sets and reports
- No storage of sensitive or private information from those fields
SecureForm customers can specify the list of form fields to skip in their SecureForm configuration area, under the “Form” tab.