Collaboration: Updated Online Password List Management
LuxSci has re-written its web-based Password management interface from the ground up to provide users with a fast, modern, featureful experience. The WebAides Passwords user interface now matches that of WebMail, Address Books, Calendars, and User Groups in AJAX-based Web 2.0 speed, data caching, and usability.
The Passwords WebAide provides:
- PGP-Encrypted online storage for all of the user names, passwords, and related information that most people have in abundance for logging in to countless web sites and devices. Every entry is separately encrypted using PGP. The PGP certificates are imported by you and/or generated by LuxSci. There is no need for the passwords to these PGP keys to ever be stored on LuxSci’ servers. This is a secure online solution.
- Shared access — you can have detailed control of who in your account, if anyone, can decrypt and access which passwords.
- Associated encrypted notes and attachments with each password so that you can store additional related information.
Consider LuxSci’s WebAide Passwords to be an “Online Lockbox” where you can securely store and share all of your passwords. This Lockbox can be accessed from anywhere that you have Internet access. The major changes that come along with these user interface enhancements include:
- Customizable Views: The Password list view is fully customizable by the user. The user can specify the display order, relative size of columns, and which columns are displayed. This can all be done via the mouse in a visual way (i.e. by dragging and dropping).
- Streamlined Encryption: Reading and Creating password entries is now much simpler and faster. We have improved usability without sacrificing security.
- Attachments: Password entries now support the addition of [encrypted] attachments.
- Comments: Password entries now support the addition of [encrypted] comments with optional additional [encrypted] attachments.
- Searching and sorting of Passwords takes place in the web browser and is therefore instantaneous.
- Drag and Drop: Password entries can be dragged and dropped in order to copy or move them to other Passwords WebAides.
- Copy and Move: New commands allow users to copy or move selected password entries to a new or existing Password list.
- Consolidated Views: Users can view the passwords from any arbitrary set of Passwords WebAides at the same time by selecting multiple Passwords WebAides lists from the tree of all available.
- Color Coding: Password entries are color-coded based on the tag(s) that apply to them.
- Hot Keys: The Password entry list interface has added “hot keys” to make it faster to execute certain commands.
- Cross-Browser: The user interface, like the rest of WebMail, works in FireFox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, and Google Chrome.
- Users can subscribe to and unsubscribe from Password WebAides directly from the main interface.
All of these new features are available to all existing and new customers of LuxSci who have a WebAides Enterprise license (or who have access to Passwords WebAides shared with them by other licensed users).