Billing: Payment, Contract Term, General
How do disk space limits work?
All new LuxSci email and web hosting accounts come with a certain amount of disk space included shared among all users. The amount depends on which server environment you select for your account.
Business Class hosting includes 50 GB.
Enterprise Class hosting includes 25 GB.
If this is not enough for you, you can easily upgrade. The current base cost is $10/month for 10 GB increases in the Enterprise Class environment, and $7.50/month for 10 GB increases in the Business Class environment. See the price list for more details.
Your disk space limit is not a hard limit on your disk usage. Your disk usage is unrestricted, but it is monitored throughout the month, and you are charged based on your peak (maximum) usage during the month. You will be charged $1.00 for each GB that you exceed of your disk space limit each month in the Enterprise Class environment, and $0.75 for each GB that your exceed your disk space limit if you are in the Business Class environment to cover the “Supplemental Disk Space Usage”. The status of your disk space is given online in the member services area. You can upgrade your disk space limit anytime in the LuxSci member’s web site.
LuxSci supports optional user-level and domain-level disk space limits so that you can manage the amount of disk space used by your users. These disk quotas are “hard” in the sense that if exceeded, affected users lose access to many services: the ability to receive email, SMTP relaying, FTP, etc. These quotas are not “hard” in the sense that it is still possible for a user to exceed his or her quota; however, once the user has done so, it is much more difficult to use more space.
How long does it take to get a new account setup?
Accounts are provisioned everyday during normal business hours (9 AM - 10 PM EST) once payment is received. It may take up to one business hour after this payment is made for your account to be provisioned, subject to manual security and fraud review. Depending on the method, your payment can be instantaneous or take several days.
- Credit Cards: Account provisioning can be immediate for orders paid by credit card
- Checks: These take a minimum of 5 business days to clear after received and deposited, after which your account will be provisioned.
- Money Orders: Your account can be provisioned once we receive the Money Order.
- PayPal: Depends on the type of payment, see below. Please send PayPal payment to email@example.com.
- PayPal "direct" payments: With these the funds are transferred immediately and so setup can be immediate as well.
- Paypal "eCheck" payments: These typically take 5 business days to process through PayPal, and your can be provisioned once we receive confirmation from PayPal that it has cleared.
- Wire/Bank Transfers: These take a minimum of 4 business days to clear, after which your account can be provisioned.
In general, to get your account up and running as fast as possible, we recommend making the initial order payment via a credit card or the 'direct' PayPal method. Other methods can prolong your account provisioning by up to as much as one week. Once your account is setup you may make subsequent payments via an alternate method such as check if you prefer.
Please note that dedicated servers have a 2-5 business day provisioning period exclusive of when the initial payment is received. This means if you place the order and send the initial payment via Wire Transfer, for instance, that it could take between 6-9 business days for your server to be provisioned and come online.
Please contact sales if you have any questions or concerns regarding new account setup and payment.
What payment methods does LuxSci accept?
- We accept secure online credit card payments via VISA, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover. When paying by credit card, you may choose to enable automatic recurring payments. All credit card data is processed through and stored with Authorize.net in a PCI-compliant way.
- We accept payment via check or money order in U.S. funds drawn from U.S. banks.
- We accept payment via PayPal.com--please send payments to firstname.lastname@example.org. International customers from many countries also use PayPal.com to make payments.
- We accept payments via Bitcoin.
- We accept direct wire transfers for payment. Wire transfer payments under $300.00 incur a $15.00 processing fee.
- We accept direct domestic transfers of funds.
- Please contact us if you wish to pay via a purchase order.
How long of a commitment do I have once I sign up?
Monthly. All accounts have a monthly term. You can choose to pre-pay for a number of years and get a discount for that; however, if you quit before that term is up that pre-payment credit is voided and deducted from any credit you have remaining in your account.