Inbound Email Encryption with TLS
LuxSci now supports encryption of inbound email messages during their transport to and from LuxSci and other email servers. This ensures that your messages are protected from eavesdropping during transport even if the messages themselves are not encrypted using SecureLine. Note that the messages will only be encrypted during transport when sent from an email server that supports TLS (like LuxSci’s servers do).
This feature also means that all email sent internally from one user on LuxSci to another user using LuxSci will be encrypted during transport, even if the recipient uses Email Defense. I.e. internal email can be fully HIPAA-compliant, even without SecureLine.
- SSL and TLS are not enough to secure your email
- Enforcing and Detecting TLS Email Encryption on Inbound Messages
- SecureLine Users Can Toggle Between TLS and Escrow Encryption When Sending Messages
- How Can You Tell if an Email Was Transmitted Using TLS Encryption?
- AOL Supports SMTP TLS: It’s Still Not HIPAA Compliant