New SMTP Usage Report Features
LuxSci has updated its tracking, analysis, and logging of SMTP outbound email traffic to include:
- Faster and more reliable real-time enforcement of SMTP limits
- When a user exceeds any of his/her SMTP limits, (such as messages/day, recipients/day, etc.) the subsequent messages will fail with an error message which indicates exactly why the message was refused. Previously, the sender would get get a login failure without any real indication of what the problem was, and an email would be sent to him/her explaining the issue. Now, the emailed explanations are eliminated in deference to real time detailed SMTP error messages.
- Users’ daily and monthly SMTP usage (in terms of messages, recipients, and bandwidth) are now aggregated and kept separately from the detailed SMTP message history. The aggregate daily data will now be kept for 180 days and the monthly aggregate data will be kept for 1 year. Previously, only 2 months of SMTP history data was available.
- LuxSci now records in the database along with the record of every message sent via SMTP, the “From address” used, the message subject, and a list of all recipients.
- Users and account administrators can now download a CSV file containing the detailed listing of all of the messages sent by the user via SMTP. This includes the date, time, IP address of the sender, message size, number of recipients, if it was sent using TLS/SSL or not, the from address, and the “message code” that can be used for tracking it. The file also contains the subjects and recipient email addresses if downloaded by the user him/herself.
- LuxSci has added a new report to its Activity Auditing Reports area: “Email Sent From Email Server: Current Snapshot”. This report lists all of the user’s SMTP limits as well as how much of each daily or monthly limit has been used up “so far”. These statistics plus bar graphs are provided to make it visually apparent when the user is nearing any limits.