Revised Custom Email Filtering Tool
Published: December 8th, 2007
LuxSci has revised its custom email filtering tool. The changes include:
- Users can now create filters that will forward messages or send notifications to their cellular phone via SMS.
- Users can now specify their own custom bounce messages or notifications as an alternative to the default messages.
- The "Move" actions in the filter list have been revised to make reordering the list easier; the Move Up/Move Down buttons have been replaced by a Move To button that will allow users to quickly move a filter to a new position in the order. In addition, users can now move more than one filter at a time.
- Users can now edit filters by clicking on the name of the filter or by clicking the icon in the Edit column.
- Filters can now quickly be enabled or disabled by clicking on the icon in the Status column.
- Filters that are enabled will display an icon in the Status column identifying which action it is currently performing.
- A new column has been added to the filter list that will let users change the color of the filter as it appears in the list. This is for better organization and does not affect the behavior of the filter itself.
- Users can now sort the filter list by the title, order, status, or color of the filters.
- The filter conditions section of the create/edit page has been revised; the "Use" and "Not" checkboxes have been replaced with dropdown boxes to make specifying conditions more intuitive.
- New options have been added to the filter creation/edit page; users can now change the color of filters as they appear in the filter list, and they can add custom notes to provide supplementary information for each filter. Note that the color feature is not available in the Xpress portal.
- Users can now create custom email filters that effectively remove email headers from messages (in addition to the previously available option for adding headers).