- Multiple data centers for Premium Email Filtering. Customers can choose to have their email filtered in any of the following data centers: Hong Kong, Amsterdam (Netherlands), Auckland (New Zealand), London (United Kingdom), Sydney (Australia), Tokyo (Japan). For customers whose email is delivered to their own email servers near one of these locations, these alternate data centers can provider faster delivery. If you are interested in using an alternate data center, please contact Support.
- The Spam Control Outlook add-in now supports Outlook 2010. This can be downloaded here.
- Larger Messages: The Premium Email Archival has been updated to support messages up to 50MB in size.
- The Premium Email Archival portal has been upgraded to expose many useful statistics, such as: archival polling attempts, successful polls, failed polls, messages archived, messages pending processing, and the date and time of the last successful and failed poll. Additionally, administrators can now define alerts to be sent in various situations, such as when there are connections problems, login problems, the number of pending messages gets too big, or your historical storage limit has been reached.
- Message Audit: Customers interested can now be granted access to a “Message Audit” feature. This is a new self-help tool that enables authorized administrators to verify the disposition of any inbound or outbound message from the previous 14 days through searches based on Message Details, Message ID or Message Header.
Posts Tagged ‘filtering’
LuxSci has added two new features to help administrators manage the forwarding of email in their accounts so that they can meet HIPAA and other regulatory requirements and at the same time easily control the actions of their users:
Over the weekend of Jan. 22-24, MX Logic will deploy a wide range of service and feature enhancements, many of which will reflect the initial phase of changes from MX Logic to McAfee (they were recently acquired by McAfee). These changes include:
Read the rest of this post »
Read the rest of this post »
For complete details of all of the changes to the Premium Filtering and Archival services, see this service enhancement announcement from MX Logic.
LuxSci’s Premium Email Filtering services include an optional "Click Protection" module that allows administrators to intercept the action of a user clicking on a link in an email message in order to a) give the users warning, b) log where people click through to, c) block clicking, etc. This feature helps protect end users from phishing attacks that come in via email, where malicious senders try to trick users into going to fake URLs so they can steal their identity or payment data (i.e. the classic fraudulent emails purporting to be from "PayPal" come to mind as a prime example).
On Tuesday, January 27th, an administrative option within ClickProtect that currently tracks URL click throughs while allowing users to visit websites linked within email messages without a warning is being removed.
With the amount of business done via email these days, it’s not uncommon to receive dozens if not hundreds of messages a day. If you’re the kind of person that doesn’t like them all stacking up in your inbox, then you’re probably already familiar with the concept of mail filters or rules. A filter is like your own personal mail elf, quickly sorting, organizing, or discarding your incoming mail according to your explicit instructions. This makes it easy to manage high volumes of incoming mail automatically without having to manually move, forward, or delete even a single message. Almost all filters can match a given text string in the subject or body of the message and then take one of these basic actions; however LuxSci’s Custom Mail Filters (included with all email hosting accounts) provide an even more extensive list of capabilities:
Internet service providers Global Crossing and Hurricane Electric shut down the San Jose, CA, web hosting provider "McColo" on Tuesday after it was determined that the ISP was aiding criminals in the sending of Spam, perpetrating online fraud, and providing access to child pornography. McColo was used by some of the most active and prolific spammers in the world; the suspension of its services has resulted in a 75% decrease in spam, worldwide!
All users of Spam Quarantine Reports for our Email Guard and Email Defense Premium Email Filtering service will have the ability, beginning December 8th, to modify the appearance of the columns in these reports. This will allows you to customize the information presented and thus make it more useful and/or succinct.
More detailed information about the service enhancements will be available near the time of release, December 8, 2008
Users of LuxSci’s Basic Spam and Virus Filtering Service who save spam and/or virus messages to a separate folder will now receive daily emailed reports of "what is new" in those folders so that they can easily see the status of their Spam and Virus storage areas and detect any false positives. This report is optional, though enabled by default.
• Access Anywhere
• Fast and Robust
• Super Secure
• Tons of Features
• Mobile Friendly
Send and receive email from your favorite programs, including:
... Virtually any program that supports POP, IMAP, or SMTP
Keep your email, contacts, and calendars in sync:
|Apple iPhone and iPad|
... Any device with Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) support
End-to-end secure email encryption — to anyone, from anyone:
|• No setup required — encryption is automatic and easy to use|
|• Secure outbound email with TLS, PGP, S/MIME, or Escrow|
|• Free inbound encryption via our SecureSend portal|
|• Independent of your recipient's level of email security|
|• Widely compatible and fully HIPAA Compliant|
Add an extra layer of security with an SSL Certificate:
|• Secure your web site|
|• Debrand LuxSci WebMail with your own secure domain|
|• Access secure email services via your own secure domain|
Secure long-term message archival:
|• Immutable, tamperproof email retention with audit trails|
|• No system requirements — minimal setup, even less upkeep|
|• Realtime archival of all inbound and outbound messages|
|• Works anywhere — even with non-LuxSci email hosting|
Automate your email management:
|• Save messages to specific folders or to LuxSci WebAides|
|• Advanced text scanning with regular expressions|
|• Tag messages, alter subject lines, or add custom headers|
|• Filter by message charset, type, TLS status, DKIM status|
|• Chain filters together for even more complex actions|
|• Bulk add and edit users, aliases and more|
|• Control sharing and access globally or on a granular level|
|• Delegate user roles through permissions|
|• Configure account-wide taglines, sending restrictions, and more|
|• Remotely administer account via SOAP API|
Free folder sharing for all email hosting accounts:
|• Share mail folders with other users in your account|
|• Subscribe to only the folders you want to see|
|• Set read-only or read-write access control|
|• View all personal and shared folders via unified web interface|