Case Study: LuxSci SecureForm and Ink Signatures Eliminate Downloading, Printing, Signing, and Faxing of ContractsFriday, January 31st, 2014
For legal reasons, LuxSci’s HIPAA customers must physically sign a “Business Associate Agreement” and return it to us. While this is a simple and commonplace request, it creates a lot of busy work for the customer and LuxSci!
The customer might have to
- Download the file
- Print out the 19 pages
- Sign the agreement
- Fax back all pages, or scan them and return them electronically
Then, LuxSci might have to
- Locate the document
- Sort out faxes that are in the wrong order, upside down, blank, or missing pages
- Figure out who sent the document
- Verify that pages are not missing or changed
- Counter-sign the document and attach them to the customer account
- Contact customers who have not sent in their documents correctly or at all, which is crucial to the HIPAA certification process
Multiplied by many customers, this creates a lot of unproductive busy work for everyone, which costs money this time.
To simplify this process, LuxSci uses its own Secure Form and Ink Signatures technologies to submit signed contracts in a snap for customers and eliminate most of the busy work LuxSci itself has to do to manage the process.
In this post, we describe how both technologies work.
Read the rest of this post »