Case Study: LuxSci SecureForm and Ink Signatures Eliminate Downloading, Printing, Signing, and Faxing of ContractsFriday, January 31st, 2014
For legal reasons, LuxSci’s HIPAA customers are required to physically sign a “Business Associate Agreement” and return it to us. While this is a simple and commonplace request, it creates a lot of busy work on the part of the customer and LuxSci!
The customer might have to
- Download the file
- Print out the 19 pages
- Sign the agreement
- Fax back all pages, or scan it and return electronically
Then, LuxSci might have to
- Locate the document
- Sort out faxes that are in the wrong order, upside down, blank, or missing pages
- Figure out who sent the document
- Verify that pages are not missing or changed
- Counter-sign the document and attach them to the customer account
- Contact customers who have not sent in their documents properly or at all which is crucial to the HIPAA certification process
Multiplied by lots of customers, this creates a lot of unproductive busy work for everyone — and this time costs money.
To simplify this process, LuxSci use its own SecureForm and Ink Signatures technologies to make submission of signed contracts a snap for customers, as well as to eliminate most of the busy work LuxSci itself has to do to manage the process.
Read the rest of this post »