Two Factor Authentication
LuxSci has added two-factor authentication as an option for its web interface.
With two-factor authentication enabled, a user will first enter his/her username and password. If that is successful, then a special Token will be sent to the user’s configured mobile device (as a text message / SMS) or an alternate email address configured for the user. The user then enters this Token into the LuxSci web interface login screen to complete the login process.
Two-factor authentication can be configured on a per-user basis for any LuxSci user in the “Account > My Profile > Two-Factor Authentication” page.
What is the benefit?
If you enable two-factor authentication, then even if someone else has or discovers your username and password, that person cannot login without also having access to either your mobile phone or your alternate email address (depending on which one you set up). This greatly enhances the security of your account.
Note that two-factor authentication only applies to the web interface (i.e. WebMail). It does not apply to services such as POP, IMAP, and SMTP.
- Protect your LuxSci Account with Two-Factor Authentication and Other Barriers
- DuoSecurity: Advanced Two-Factor Login for LuxSci’s Web Interface
- DuoSecurity Two-Factor Authentication for LuxSci Mobile Site
- Setting up Google Authenticator for Two-Factor Authentication with LuxSci
- Protect Your Passwords from Theft