WebMail Message List and Message Display Updates
Published: June 16th, 2007
Several enhancements have been made to the WebMail interface. These include:
- Optional tool bar commands for tagging and annotating messages; these can be configured in your preferences. You can also use new hot keys, Shift-T and Shift-N, to tag and annotate messages, respectively.
- Optional message list columns for displaying the tags on your messages and if messages have been annotated or not; these can be configured in your preferences.
- Holding down the control key while dragging and dropping messages will cause those messages to be "copied" instead of "moved".
- Drag and drop moving of messages from a read-only folder will automatically perform a "copy" instead of a "move".
- HTML message content no longer makes the message appear to have an "attachment" as most messages these days are formatted using HTML. However, HTML messages with attached images and messages with actual HTML documents attached will result in the "paperclip" attachment icon being displayed.