Understanding the TLS Certificate Purchase Process
This document is intended to answer many of the questions we get from
customers regarding the purchase and installation of an TLS Certificate through
LuxSci. If your question is not answered in this document, please ask your
sales representative or our support staff for more information.
- Q: What is an TLS Certificate?
- A: See Everything
You Wanted to Know about TLS Certificates
- Q: What is the cost of an TLS Certificate through LuxSci?
- A: The type of certificate purchased depends on the need. Do
you need your certificate to secure multiple subdomains? Then your want a
wild card certificate. Do you need to have the browser address bar turn
"green" and show your verified company name? Then you want an "Extended
Validation" certificate. Otherwise, the regular "TLS123" certificate
would be appropriate.
- Q: What do you need from me?
- A: Once we receive a request for an TLS Certificate, a Support
Ticket is created in your account requesting the following information:
- The exact name of the domain that will be protected by TLS.
- What the certificate will be used to protect. (A web site, SecureForm URL, WebMail Login page, etc.)
- The exact legal name of the organization or individual (Entity) who will own this certificate.
- The type of Entity that they are (i.e. corporation, sole proprietorship, individual, etc.)
- The full address of the offices or residence of the Entity including street address, city or locality, state or province, country, and postal code.
- The general phone number of the Entity.
- The title of the contact person.
- The name and email address of the contact person for the Entity who will be responsible for TLS or IT (Information Technology).
- The phone number of the contact person.
Items #7, #8, and #9 refer to the same contact person.
You can update the Support Ticket with the requested information and
submit it to LuxSci. This information is used to order the TLS
Certificate. Once we have processed the order, an email will be sent to
the contact email address specified in #8 above with instructions for you
to follow to confirm the order. Once you have followed those instructions
and the order is confirmed, we will be sent the TLS Certificate
automatically and will begin the process of installing your certificate.
- Q: How long will the install process take?
- A: The install is handled as quickly as possible by our
technicians and the certificate will be reflected on your site within 15
minutes of installation. Typically a new or renewed TLS certificate will
be installed within 24 hours.