Overview of Tags
Email tagging enables you to color code and label your email messages
with multiple IMAP keywords.
This process helps you to both sort your messages into categories and to
visually identify particular types of messages by color. This new and more
visual system simplifies management of your email, especially if you are sharing your folder with others via IMAP or
tags are implemented as "IMAP Keywords" and are thus compatible with
any IMAP email client, such as Mozilla Thunderbird, that also supports
Email tagging in WebMail and entry tagging WebAides
are standard features available to all LuxSci users.
What can you do with Email Tags?
- Define any number of tags and associated colors.
- Easily add and remove tags from one or multiple email messages or
- Color code messages based on the tags with predetermined colors.
- View all the tags associated with each message in their email, and with
any collaboration tools like contacts, calendars, blogs, etc.
- Filter by tag and use tags as search criteria.
- Define tags that display arbitrary text--including Unicode content.
- Define special tags that display custom text different than the actual
tag embedded in their email messages.
- Sort WebAide entries by tag
- Create custom email filters that cause matched email messages to be
tagged with one or more custom tags, when those messages are delivered to
your email folder(s).
- Define global tags and colors to be made available to all users or
users in specific domains.
LuxSci email tags are fully compatible with Outlook v2010 and Mozilla
Thunderbird v2.x+ which also supports arbitrary tags and colors.
Compatibility with other IMAP Clients?
LuxSci email tags are compatible with any email client that also
supports the setting and display of "IMAP keywords". Some such clients