TLS Certificates at LuxSci
If you wish to use LuxSci services that require you to have a TLS
Certificate, you have two options:
- Have LuxSci buy the certificate for you
- You purchase the certificate yourself
LuxSci buys the certificate for you
For the quickest and easiest setup and renewal, LuxSci recommends having us
purchase your TLS certificate for you:
- We will purchase an "SSL123" certificate* from our partner Thawte.com
- We will take care of gathering all needed information from you and
coordinate with Thawte
- We will make sure that the certificate does not expire on you from
year-to-year by tracking the certificate and coordinating renewals with
- Your certificate will:
- Use 2048-bit keys
- Support 128-bit and 256-bit encryption
- Have the highest degree of browser compatibility available
- Not require any intermediate certificates
- Be very well trusted by your end users as it will be issued by VeriSign/Thawte
- We will bill you for the certificate -- so you pay us for your
certificate as part of your normal LuxSci invoice.
- You get a discount on the monthly cost of the required associated
dedicated IP address.
All you will have to do is (a) provide us with a little contact
information, and (b) respond to a TLS certificate confirmation email
message. We will take care of everything else for you.
(*) LuxSci can provide other kinds of TLS certificates as well, such as
wild card certificates and Extended Validation (EV) certificates (the ones
that make the browser address area green).
Bringing your own certificate
If you would like to purchase your own certificate (or generate your
own self signed one):
- LuxSci will ask you some questions and generate a certificate
signing request (CSR) for you
- You will order your certificate from a third party yourself.
- You will provide us with the resulting signed certificate file and
all "intermediate" certificates that may be needed.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your certificate does not
expire from year to year. You must take the initiative to renew your
certificate and get us new signed certificates as needed well before your