Custom Email Filters
With the amount of business done via email these days, it's not
uncommon to receive dozens if not hundreds of messages a day. If you're
the kind of person that doesn't like them all stacking up in your inbox,
then you're probably already familiar with the concept of mail filters or
rules. A filter can quickly sort, organize, or discard your incoming mail
according to your explicit instructions. This makes it easy to manage high
volumes of incoming mail automatically without having to manually move,
forward, or delete even a single message. Almost all filters can match a
given text string in the subject or body of the message and then take one
of these basic actions, but LuxSci's Custom Email Filters provide an even
more extensive list of capabilities, which you can see in the sections
Custom Email Filters are a basic feature of our WebMail interface and
are included with all email hosting accounts at no additional charge. For
some examples of how they can be used, see our Custom Filter
Possible Filter Criteria
You can use combinations of the following criteria to determine what
messages match your filter.
- Standard Message Properties: Filter by To/From address, message size, message priority
- Basic Text Scanning: Search the subject and/or body of messages for the appearance
(or absence) of a given text string. Regular expressions supported.
- Advanced Text Scanning: Use regular expressions to search for patterns or variable text strings.
- Message Charset: Easily determine if messages are in a certain language.
- Message Type: Easily determine if messages are backscatter bounces, or responses from daemons or mailer-daemons.
- Secure TLS Message:Messages that are received (or not received) securely over a TLS-secured channel
- DKIM Signature Status: Verified, failed, or neutral
You can choose what happens to matching messages
- Standard Message Actions: Delete, Bounce, Forward, send an autoresponse, or save to a specific folder
- Tag Message: Add a custom email tag, or flag message as important.
- Add Custom Header: Add a new line with custom text to the headers of the message. Use this action to chain multiple
filters together and achieve more complex filtering behavior.
- Send Notification: Send an email or text alert to notify you that a message has arrived.
- Alter Message: Edit the subject of the message, strip all attachments, or convert to plain text.
- Save to WebAide: Automatically append message content to a Blog, save attachments to your Documents, or add appointments to your Calendar.
- Plain Text: Convert messages to plain text
- Strip Attachments: Remove attachments from messages
Lastly, you can choose to have your filters only run only on
certain days of the week and/or in certain time ranges. E.g. to send an
auto-response at night or to forward copies of certain email messages when
you are not typically at work.