TLS-Only Delivery for Seamless Security
Automatic use of SMTP TLS
with recipients that support it provides seamless automatic encryption
between sender and recipient which looks and works like regular
email. Not all recipients support TLS, but for those who do (e.g., all
your internal LuxSci users and most of your correspondents), secure email
with TLS is automatic.
Escrow for Everyone Else
For cases where TLS is not an option, SecureLineTM will fall back to Escrow — storing the
message securely and sending a notice to the recipient to come pick it
Escrow works for any recipient, no matter what email system s/he may
have and no setup on the part of the sender or recipient is required
— it just works.
Keep Everyone on the Same Page
If you are using some of the more advanced SecureLineTM options, such as Certificates or Escrow with Questions and
Answers, it is often convenient to have a central location for all of
the recipient public keys and/or questions and answers — a place all
of your users can automatically use when they are sending.
- Using shared address books makes it easier to have a central location
of recipient information accessible to all users.
- Personal, domain-wide, and account-wide global default Escrow
questions and answers makes it a snap to send secure email messages to
anyone you like using a single pre-defined question.
Automatic Server-Side Encryption
With SecureLineTM, you don't have to worry about encryption software.
Simply enable automatic outbound email encryption and you're all set!
- SecureLineTM can auto-encrypt messages to all recipients,
determining if TLS, Escrow, or PKI should be used in each case.
- If automatic outbound encryption is enabled, users can determine
what happens to messages that cannot be encrypted*; these messages can be
sent normally, or refused with notifications going back to the sender.
- Users can choose to have SecureLineTM auto-decrypt PGP and S/MIME
messages as they arrive so that messages can be filtered and
stored in an unencrypted format in their email folders. Using
secure POP or IMAP, the recipient can then access the message
safely in any email client.
*The only case where some messages may not be able to be automatically
encrypted is when you are using the Question and Answer mode of
SecureLineTM Escrow and do not have questions for
everyone or default questions configured.
Familiar Tools, Secure Access, Easy Sending
With SecureLineTM you don't have to learn a whole new set of tools or way
to access your email. It's all there, wherever you are.
- All SecureLineTM features are integrated with LuxSci WebMail, so users
can send and view secure messages from anywhere they have access to
the Internet, using the same familiar tools for composing and
viewing email messages.
- Users can send encrypted messages from any email client connected to
LuxSci via our secure SMTP services or via
- Users can easily send a single message securely to multiple recipients
who require different modes of email security.
SecureLineTM automatically picks the best secure
communications mode for each recipient, based on the information on
file, and manages all of the transmission details for you.
- Our SecureSend
portal enables non-users to send secure email messages to SecureLineTM
- SecureLineTM provides an optional password Escrow service whereby users
can have the password to their PGP and/or S/MIME security
certificates securely saved in case they are lost. In such a case,
LuxSci has a procedure in place to authenticate the user so the
password can be retrieved.
- Account administrators can enforce a requirement that their users
connect to LuxSci POP, IMAP, SMTP, and WebMail services only over
secure connections. This can be configured on a per-user,
per-domain, or account-wide basis.
- Users can import and export SecureLineTM Escrow information and public PGP or S/MIME
keys in the address books to and from CSV files. This makes it easy to edit
user security data offline and then import it into LuxSci for
Use SecureText to send secure text messages to anyone with a cellular number.
- Zero Setup: No preregistration or setup is required
- App Free: The recipient does not need to download or use a special application.
If you have their phone number, you can send them a HIPAA-compliant text without the need for HIPAA consent.
They can reply to you securely. It is quick and easy and immediate.