Posts Tagged ‘synchronization’
Thursday, July 26th, 2012
Most people synchronize email, calendars, contacts, and even tasks with their mobile devices and their service provider. This allows them to see all of the same information on their computers and while on the go.
There are essentially three ways that synchronizing mobile devices discover updates and changes to contacts, new email messages, etc. On my iPhone, these are represented in the “Fetch New Data” settings area as
- Push – where the server informs the device that there are updates waiting
- Pull / Fetch – where the device checks periodically for changes
- Manual – the device checks only when you request it
Saturday, July 9th, 2011
LuxSci is pleased to announce the latest release of our WebAideSync plugin tool for Microsoft Outlook — WebAideSync 5!
This update incorporates the long-awaited and much-asked-for feature of allowing automatic synchronization of Outlook contacts, calendars, and tasks with LuxSci WebAides. Create an AutoSync session, and WebAideSync will automatically keep your folders up-to-date without having you to run the tool again, even if you close and re-open Outlook.
Friday, January 21st, 2011
When health care organizations review their operations to see where electronic protected health information (ePHI) is being saved, transmitted, and viewed, a great deal of time is spent on the obvious candidates: email, chat, stored files and health records, etc.
Many overlook the fact that ePHI can be embedded in Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks. Consider for example:
Read the rest of this post »
Tuesday, January 11th, 2011
The Beta period is over! LuxSci now offers its Mobile Sync service to all new and existing customers.
Mobile Sync provides real-time automatic synchronization of your LuxSci Calendars, Address Books, and Tasks with your mobile device(s). Premium Mobile Sync also includes outbound email and Push Email for real-time email updates without the significant battery drain that IMAP and POP incur. Mobile Sync is:
- Quick and easy to setup (easier than setting up a regular email account on your phone)
- Fast and reliable
- Very secure (available for use in HIPAA accounts).
New customers can select “Mobile Sync” when customizing their order/package. Existing customers can add Mobile Sync using the “Upgrade Wizard” in their account administration area.
Read more: Mobile Sync at LuxSci.
Please contact LuxSci Sales if you have any questions.
Friday, December 10th, 2010
LuxSci now offers Basic Mobile Sync and Premium Mobile Sync. These synchronization services enable:
- Real-time two-way synchronization of Calendar, Contact, and Tasks between LuxSci WebAides and Mobile devices
- Push Email for real time notifications of new email
- Compatibile with any mobile device that supports Exchange / ActiveSync. This includes: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, Windows Mobile, Palm Pre/Pixi, and BlackBerry*
- HIPAA-compliant security, when used with a LuxSci HIPAA account, adds mobile synchronization for any user, even if sensitive data is present in email, calendars, contacts, or tasks.
- The same level of security can also be had in non-HIPAA accounts by using SecureLine and appropriate security settings.
- Beta: Mobile Sync services are now in “Beta” and not yet available for purchase. The Beta testing period is expected to end sometime in January, 2011. If you are interested being a Beta tester and using this service before then, please Contact Sales.
For complete details on the features included with this servce, see our Mobile Sync Service page.
*BlackBerry support requires the purchase of a third party app, as BlackBerry is the only major mobile device without support for over-the-air synchronization with Exchange.
Saturday, June 16th, 2007
LuxSci has made significant changes to the user interface and facilities available to users under "Email Folders" area. The noteworthy changes to the email folders tool include:
Read the rest of this post »