WebMail Interface Changes
Many usability and functionality enhancements have been made to the LuxSci user interface. These include:
- Pervasive look and feel, plus usability enhancements have been made throughout the entire LuxSci interface.
- Two new WebMail preferences allow users to choose if they want to view and/or compose email messages in a separate window or to always use the same window.
- Users now have 2 ways to access Help, "in-line" or in a separate pop-up window. In-line can make Help access faster and more user friendly for those with newer web browsers.
- The "WebMail Email Composition" page has been redesigned to better support email composition in HTML modes. Major enhancements include:
- New HTML editing toolbar for writing HTML formatted email
- HTML editing support for FireFox, Netscape, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla
- "Smiley faces"
- Uploading images into the HTML
- Inserting formatted content from Microsoft Word
- Viewing and editing attached images in forwarded HTML-formatted messages
- Editing the HTML content of forwarded or replied to messages
- The "WebMail Message Display" page has been updated to better support the viewing of HTML formatted email. Major highlights include:
- HTML content can be fully loaded in-line into the page
- Full support for inline display of attached images
- Redundant text parts of HTML messages can be suppressed from view
- Optionally suppress display of any images — attached or linked.
- All links in HTML messages open in a new window.