Can you add notes to your email messages?
You see an email message in your INBOX and want to save some notes with it so that when you (or someone else) get to it later, you see those comments. This is email annotation.
At LuxSci, we use email annotation all the time.
- We use email folders shared among our support staff.E.g. Often one person will perform some actions related to an email and then annotate that email with the resulting notes … so that when the next person comes along later to continue the task they can see what was done. E.g. if a customer wants a call back, and we got a voice mail … we may annotate that call back request email with when we tried and what happened.
- I use my INBOX as a “To Do” list. If I can’t complete an task right now, but do some of the work, I may annotate that message with notes describing “where I left off”.
LuxSci’s WebMail interface has supported email annotation for many, many years; this interface has been updated with:
- A slicker and faster interface for adding your notes
- Email Annotation support added to your Email Folder widgets
- Email Annotation support added to our Mobile Site email interface
What the Annotation Window looks like: