Collaboration: New Improved User Group Management
LuxSci has updated its web-based User Group management interface from the ground up to provide users with a fast, modern, featureful experience. The User Group WebAides user interface now matches that of WebMail, Address Books, Calendars, Tasks, and Passwords in AJAX-based Web 2.0 speed, data caching, and usability.
User Groups WebAides are very useful in a collaborative environment for:
- Sharing WebAides (i.e. calendars, files, etc.) or email folders with groups of users instead of or in addition to individuals.
- Encrypting individual entries (i.e. files or passwords) such that any group member can decrypt the item, as long as they are a member of the group
- Creating email distribution lists so that it is easy to email everyone in the group.
The major changes that come along with these user interface enhancements include:
- Simplified: The creation and management of Groups and Group PGP Certificates has been streamlined to make it much simpler and quicker to collaborate using Groups.
- Distribution Lists: Create email addresses that automatically forward messages to all users in the Group.
- Customizable Views: The User Group interface is fully customizable by the user. The user can specify the display order, relative size of columns, and which columns are displayed. This can all be done via the mouse in a visual way (i.e. by dragging and dropping).
- Caching: Group information is remembered in your browser so that it is fast to revisit your task lists.
- Searching and sorting of groups happens in the web browser and is thus instantaneous.
- Copy and Move: New commands allow users to copy or move selected tasks to a new or existing task list.
- Consolidated Views: Users can view the Groups from any arbitrary set of User Groups WebAides at the same time by selecting multiple WebAides from the tree of available User Groups WebAides.
- Color Coding: Groups are color-coded based on the tag(s) that apply to them.
- Hot Keys: The Group list interface has added “hot keys” to make it faster to execute certain commands.
- Cross-Browser: The user interface, like the rest of WebMail, works in FireFox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, and Google Chrome.
- Printable List View — Generate printer friendly versions of any of your task lists (sorted and filtered with only the columns you want to see).Users can subscribe to and unsubscribe from User Groups WebAides directly from the main interface.
- It is now easy to search through Groups based upon who is in them.
- Users can quickly edit an entry by double clicking on it.
- Anyone in your account can be added to a Group, including users without WebAide licenses.
All of these new features are available to all existing and new customers of LuxSci who have a WebAides Enterprise license (or who have access to User Groups shared with them by other licensed users).