March 25th, 2005
End User Interface and Navigation Changes
For all users, the following changes to their user interface and web site navigation have been made:
- We have created a new web page called “My Reports” that is located under the “account” menu. This page includes the three reports that were formerly under “My Profile” – the Activity Auditing Report, the Disk Usage Detail Report, and the Recent Disk Usage Report.
- We have created a new web page called “My Preferences” that is located under the “account” menu. This page consolidates all of the “preferences” pages that existed in various places of LuxSci. The “Regional Preferences” has been moved from “My Profile” to “My Preferences”; “WebMail Preferences” pages have been moved from under the “email” menu into “My Preferences”; the “WebAide Preferences” have also been moved into “My Preferences”. Users now have one clear location for all preferences and settings.
- We have created a new page called “My Email Tools”, located under the “email” menu. This page consolidates all of the email tools formerly listed separately under the “Email Tools” and “WebMail Tools” menus. This page also now includes a separate tool for “Email Forwarding” which used to be considered a preference.
- The User Interface for several of the Email Tools has been completely re- written to make their usage much simpler. The tools that have been revised include: the “WebMail Signatures Tool”, the “Email AutoResponders Tool”, and the “Fetch POP Email” tool.
- The “More Options” menu in the Email Message Display and the Email Folder Display has been renamed “More Commands” for clarity.