New Email Guard Email Filtering Features
ClickProtect: The new Email Guard ClickProtect feature allows you to configure whether Web hyperlinks received in emails can be clicked and followed by the user or are redirected to a designated address. You can also designate an Allow List of URLs that is excluded from the ClickProtect processing. (for example, your corporate URLs).
Previously, if the user receives an email that contains a Web hyperlink command (for example, directing the user to a URL address), there was no method to control or report on whether the user would or would not be able to use the hyperlink. This is a common method of Spammers to gather information or take the user to an “undesirable” site.
Now, you can designate what behavior to assign to Web hyperlinks in emails:
- Do nothing (allow the user to use the hyperlink with no warning or redirection).
- Allow the user to use the hyperlink, but log all found hyperlinks.
- Display a customizable warning message and redirect the hyperlinks so that the user is navigated to a designated URL where you control the content.
- Display a customizable warning message and make the hyperlinks inactive.
In addition, you can build an Allow List of URLs that will not be included in the ClickProtect processing. A user clicking on a hyperlink to a URL on the Allow List will be sent to that URL with no warning or redirection. Further more, you can view reports on the URLs that users are clicking on to better understand their behavior, and the risk to the organization.
Additional Email Guard Updates:
- In the Email Guard portal, Administrators and Domain Administrators can now add and delete individual user accounts themselves.
- You can now configure whether the command links in the Spam Quarantine Report expire in a configurable number of days. Before, the command links within the Spam Quarantine Report allowed the user to click the link in the Report and automatically log into the portal at any time after the Report was received. Now, you can configure whether the links stay active and for how many days. You can change this setting in the Spam Quarantine Reporting Policies window in the portal.
- You can now designate whether a command link in the Spam Quarantine Report only allows the automatic login with the user role of User. Before, if a Spam Quarantine Report was sent for any user with the user role other than User (for example, Domain Administrator, Administrator), anyone clicking on a command link in the Spam Quarantine Report is automatically logged in as that Administrator. Now, you can designate whether a command link from a Spam Quarantine Report forces the automatic log in to the user role of User only, no matter what the actual user role of the user is. This feature allows you to prevent unauthorized automatic login to an Administrator user role in the case where the Spam Quarantine Report was accessed by an unauthorized person.
- You can now designate whether a command link to download the Spam Control For Outlook tool is provided on the Spam Quarantine Reports. In the Spam Quarantine Reporting Policies window, you can designate whether a command link appears in Spam Quarantine Reports that allows the users to download the Spam Control For Outlook tool. After the download is completed, the user must then install the tool on his/her local computer.
- Auto-creation of new user accounts has been modified: Auto-creation of new user accounts has been changed so that a new user account in the Email Guard portal is created only if all the following is true:
- 3 emails for that email address have been received, passed filtering, and accepted within a single day.
- A user account does not exist for the email address in the designated domain.
Auto-creation of new user accounts is not performed if any of the following is true:
- Email address contained an alias domain name (for example, “email@example.com”).
- If the email failed filtering policies and was denied or quarantined. Emails that had content stripped, but was sent successfully can still trigger a user account creation.
- If the email address was denied by alias rules on LuxSci.
- None Found