Sending Ultra Secure Messages Just Got Easier!
December 17th, 2005
SecureLine-licensed users can add two new options to the cutting edge features of SecureLine email so that users can send and receive secure email messages directly from any email client without additional software to install!
- SecureLine Automatic Outbound Encryption will automatically encrypt email messages sent from any email program if the recipient(s) are other SecureLine users or if information on how to secure their messages is stored in the sender’s address books(s). Messages that cannot be encrypted due to lack of information about the recipient, can be sent normally [insecurely] or not at all. Additionally, the sender can be notified about what happened and why. Combined with the use of Enterprise WebAide shared address books, it is easy to share recipient encryption information (like public keys or Escrow security questions and answers) across all users in your account.
- SecureLine Automatic Inbound Decryption allows you to automatically:
- decrypt secure messages to you upon arrival at LuxSci,
- apply additional filters, if required, and,
- store as unencrypted messages in your email folders.
This allows you to access these messages (securely over SSL) from any email client using POP or IMAP (as well as from WebMail).Both automatic encryption and automatic decryption can be configured on an account-wide, domain-wide, and per-user basis. Use of these features also enables “forced use of SSL” which will require all connections to email data via POP, IMAP, SMTP, and WebMail to be secure.