WebAide Blog Updates
LuxSci has released a major update to its Blog collaboration services. Included in this update are:
- User Groups. If you have many users, you can group sets of users into named groups. This makes it much easier to setup and manage access control lists for your Blogs. User groups can also have associated PGP certificates that are shared by all group members. This makes encryption of Blog entries that are intended to be read by anyone in a group easy to compose and the recipient list easy to manage. It also facilities use of encryption as individual users do not need to have and manage personal PGP keys.
- Security. LuxSci now supports the creation and use of personal PGP keys for enterprise Blog users. These keys can be used to encrypt individual Blog entries for specified lists of recipient users and/or groups. Encrypted entries are secure and are only openable by one possessing the password to the PGP keys of one of the recipients. These passwords are never stored on the server or anywhere else in plain text. Secure Blog entries allow you to collaborate and share sensitive documents and information, store personal password lists, and many other things.
- Digital Signature Verification. If you have encrypted an Blog entry, the recipients can verify your digital signature on your encrypted content. Verification tells the recipient exactly who encrypted the content and when; it also proves that the content has not been tampered with since it was uploaded and encrypted.
- User Access Tracking. If you enable user access tracking, then any viewer can see exactly when and by whom all additions and changes to an Blog entry were made. Viewers will also be able to see who viewed the entry and when. This type of auditing allows you to prove if someone has seen an entry, has updated an entry, etc.
- Price. We have lowered the price for an Enterprise Blog license to $2.25/license/month. A license is required for any user that wants to create Blogs, to use PGP security, and/or to be able to edit or create Blog entries.
- None Found